For Students in Delaware County Elementary, Middle, and High Schools
Cash Prizes in Each Division
- First Prize: $250
- Second Prize: $150
- Third Prize $100
Essay Deadline: February 11, 2019
“How do I demonstrate integrity in the way I give my time, talent or money?”
Using the writing prompt/topic above, complete a writing activity.
Feel free to incorporate ideas such as:
- Identify examples of how you have personally given of your time, talents, or money.
- Cite research, details, or other sources to make your essay more interesting.
- Be sure to include a beginning, middle, and an end to your essay.
Your writing will be scored on how clearly you write and how well you get your ideas across. Be sure to check your writing for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. When you have finished, use the Editing Checklist below to check your essay. Please include a word count.
- Have you started each sentence with a capital letter?
- Have you capitalized names of people and places?
- Have you used correct punctuation?
- Have you spelled all words correctly?
- Does the action word (verb) of your sentence agree with the subject?
- Have you used the correct form of your action words (verbs)?
- Have you written complete sentences?
- Have you followed the guidelines for length of essay?
Maximum word length:
- Division I (Grades 4 & 5) 250 words
- Division II (Grades 6 – 8) 600 words
- Division III (Grades 9 – 12) 1,000 words